Workout and quinoa and pumpkin, oh my!
Happy Tuesday everyone!
This morning I had a fabulous workout with a P90X dvd.
Shoulders & Arms (all moves x 2):
- Alternating shoulder press
- In & out bicep curls
- Two-arm tricep kickbacks
- Deep swimmer’s press
- Full supination concentration curls
- Chair dips
- Upright rows
- Static arm curls
- Flip-grip twist tricep kickbacks
- Two-angle shoulder flys
- Crouching cohen curls
- Lying-down Tricep extensions
- In & out straight arm shoulder flys
- Congdon curls
- Side tri-rises
Let’s just say that it was a really good workout!
To end the workout, I continued with 16 minutes of the P90X Ab Ripper X. This includes 349 ab/core moves. It’s a great workout!
Absolutely best way to start your day. 😉
Why not make both?
Indian Quinoa Chili
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 medium leek, sliced and thoroughly washed
- 1 large carrot
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 – 1 cup daal or lentils
- 1 1/2 tbs curry powder
- 1 – 2 tsp marsala powder (if you have it)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups of water or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (coconut meat blended with small amount of water)
- red pepper flakes to taste
Add the carrots, garlic, and ginger. Heat for another 2 -3 minutes.
Pumpkin Mousse in a Cup
- 1 cup fresh cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup tofu
- 1/4 cup coconut meat (optional)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or combo of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg)
- 1/2 tps vanilla extract
- sweetner of choice and amount to taste (I used 1 date, big spoonful raw honey, and stevia)
Options are to add a crust or topping, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds (or other fruit), eat with Coconut Bliss Vanilla Island diary free, coconut ice cream. I believe the last variation is my favorite for the night.
Have a great night!!!