Pink Pancakes are delicious
Good morning! Happy Valentine’s Day Eve! And happy Saturday!
I actually got to sleep in this morning… until my internal clock woke me up at 6:45 am. Yes, this is sleeping in to me. Sad, isn’t it. Monday through Friday I wake up at 5:15 am, in order to be at the gym at 6….
So, I got up, did a little blog reading, and headed down to the kitchen to make some Pre-Valentine’s Day Pink Pancakes!
I present to you, heart healthy, hearty, gluten-free, dairy-free, easy to make, Pink Pancakes.
Pink (Protein) Pancakes
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp vanilla rice protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (or, as I used, coconut protein- cherry vanilla flavored! Yum!)
- 1 tbsp millet flour (optional for “fluffy” texture)
- 1 tbsp amaranth flour (optional, just for added texture and “grain” flavor)
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk (may have to add a little more depending on stickiness)
- 4 drops of liquid Stevia
- dash of salt
- Pinch of Xantham gum (optional)
- 2 tsp beet juice for pink coloring (or cheat, as I did, and used a dash of pomegranate juice and red food coloring… sorry!)
- Cinnamon to your liking
Mix all ingredients together and let sit while heating a large pan on high. After pan is hot, reduce heat to medium and add coconut oil for cooking cakes. Drop pancakes onto pan, whatever your little heart desires in size.
When done, top with pomegranate seeds, or other fruit, and spread on some tahini maple sauce (tahini mixed with maple syrup- it’s delicious!).
- Water from one young coconut
- Half of the meat from inside of one young coconut
- Pomagranate seeds, handful or so
- 3 drops of Stevia (optional)
Would have been nice to know that we had one of those…