Fool or Truth
Today is day one. Day one of April that is.
- But first, it snowed at my house last night and was still present this morning. April Fools or Truth?
- This morning, while walking into work I tripped and fell. I ended up going to the hospital with swelling. I broke my foot. April Fools or Truth?
- Today I am only consuming liquid foods. April Fools or Truth?
- Yesterday I was starving when I got off work and without thinking I went to McDonalds. Enough said. April Fools or Truth?
- I’m giving up blogging. April Fools or Truth?
- I just found out that my boyfriend is getting transferred with his company to Spain… I’m moving!!!!! April Fools or Truth?
Can you tell I was running out of Fools and Truths? What do you think? Which are fools and which are truths? I’m making this a contest.
The person who gets all of the guesses correct wins something fun!!! Leave a comment with the number and whether you think it’s a fool or a truth. Winners will be announced Saturday morning (3/3), along with the correct answers!
Anyway, today is also day one of juicing! (gave you a free one with the fools or truths…)
The Juice Club, started by Terces Engelhart, of Cafe Gratitude, Seven Day Juice Fast takes place the first week of every month. Today, again, is day one.
Today’s menu of liquid meals:
8 oz hot water with lemon and lime juice
Rainbow Green Juice
- 3 kale leaves
- Handful spinach
- 1 large chard leaf
- Handful cilantro
- Handful parsley
- 1 green apple
- Ginger to taste
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/4 beet
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 lime
- 2 Inch knob burdock root
No picture but SO GOOD. Breakfast of champions!
Basil & Berries Smoothie
- 2 C spinach
- 5 large basil leaves
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- Hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut kefir
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- Cinnamon, cinnamon, cinnamon (I like cinnamon)
Blended and divided into two (now) empty almond butter jars. One for breakfast, one for snack.
Blended Salad, literally. Last night’s salad blended into a liquid lunch. See below.
And that’s as far as I’ve gotten with my planned meals so far. I also have a red pear and Kombucha waiting for me. I’m not doing the whole week of the Juice Club’s week juicings but I’m going to try for a couple of days to see how I feel. So far, so good.
But, last night, I was not liquefying my life so I had myself a Kabocha Bowl.
It was good. Really good. To make your own Kabocha Bowl at home, simply cut a Kabocha squash in half, scoop out insides, and bake both sides cut side down (350 degrees until tender).
When fresh out of the oven (as above), assemble a salad. Then fill the “bowl” with large amounts of the salad.
Filling and delicious. Especially when the salad consists of kale, spinach, grated beets and carrots, home-sprouted sprouts, cilantro, parsley, white onions. And then dressed with tahini, apple cider vinegar, spicy mustard, tamari, ginger, garlic, and cayenne pepper. No oil needed for this guy. Power salad right there.
Don’t forget to take your guess at the Fools or Truths above! The person who gets all of the guesses correct wins something fun!!! Leave a comment with the number and whether you think it’s a fool or a truth. Winners will be announced Saturday morning, along with the correct answers!
Good luck! Happy April Fools Day!
Want more April Fools? Have you seen Whole Foods‘ website??? Chocolate Chip Kale Cookies or Compost Parfait anyone? Yuck.