Winner, Winner, Kabocha Dinner
Yes, I went there Mr. DDD. (And I’d do it again, if need be. Oh, and I love you.)
- 1 unsuspecting Kabocha squash, cut in half length-wise
- 2-3 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro or parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used Fage, LF yogurt. To Veganize just a sour(ish) coconut yogurt)
- 1/4 cup goat or feta cheese (optional)
- Pinch of salt and couple grinds of pepper
Bake the squash, cut side down, on parchment or foil lined baking sheet at 375 degrees until tender (about 35 minutes). While squash is baking away, chop spinach and cilantro and put into large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
When squash is tender, remove from oven and scoop out (carefully, it’s one hot squash!) (yes, corny) and add to the spinach-yogurt bowl. Mix well and serve.
*Alternately, pop finished bowl into the oven and bake for another ten minutes to crisp the top. But please, make sure you’re using an oven-safe bowl.
There you have it. Kabocha miracles happen all the time, you just have to be willing to look for them.
Completely unrelated question, but does anyone else dream about blogging? I’ve been suffering from anxiety blog-related dreams for the last two weeks. Am I the only crazy one here?
Peace. Love. And Good Eats. (<—I love you, too!)