Basil Blueberry Blast (and too much good stuff)
I love alliteration, don’t you? Of course you do, because, in this case, it leads to a recipe (and some awesomely amazing artifacts, um, news). But before I get to the nitty-gritty of this flavor blast smoothie, I have a few things to say (all of which you’ll enjoy).
Question: Have you ever visited any of CSN.com‘s sites? They have literally anything and everything you can imagine needing. I love it. When I browsed their sites this weekend, I found office supplies, outdoor grills, garment bags, cutlery, All-Clad cookware (boyfriend’s favorite), even headboards! It’s amazing the selection they carry. It’s like Amazon but without books (yes…?).
I decided to take a trip over to their Cookware.com site to review a product, mostly because CSN asked me to do a review, but because I was in the market for a spiralizer… or maybe an ice cream maker…
Relate items: And hey, this Saturday is my Bloggiversary (or shall I say, Blogirthday!?), and I owe my blog a present. Or at least a new food accessory to host on my blog and make yummy foods for you to drool over and me to shove stuff devour properly enjoy.
Anyway, since the fine people at CSN.com offered me a gift card for doing a review of their site and/or a products, how the heck could I resist?? Plus, it’s just in time for the Bloggiversary celebrations to begin! CSN.com review to come tomorrow.
More related news: Since I get a present, should my dear and amazing readers get one too? Well, of course you should! That’s why I’m doing a giveaway!!!!!! (Man, I love free stuff!) And before we get to the giveaway excitement, enjoy this delicious smoothie recipe. Breakfast of champions!
Basil Blueberry Blast [Smoothie]
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4-1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup almond milk (or other milk alternative)
- 3-5 drops Vanilla Stevia (or drizzle of sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used a combo of chocolate egg white protein powder and hemp seeds- either and all completely optional)
Blend for 30 seconds in your powerful blender, or until basil leaves are blended, and serve in a large mason jar or two glasses to share with a loved one. This smoothie is not only extremely tasty and like an flavor explosion in your mouth, but is FULL of antioxidants, nutrients, low in sugar, and truly alkalizing to your body. Sip happily.
I know I love a good dessert, and who doesn’t, why not do a giveaway loaded with yummy, snackish desserts? Don’t twist my arm, I’ll do it!
I don’t know exactly yet what you’ll get but I promise you, it will be GOOD. I’m thinking some raw granola (either chocolatey or tropical coconut, both of which are pretty much amazing, if I do say so myself), superfood balls of joy, a raw superfood bar, or some yummy raw macaroons. All raw, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and Paleo-friendly. Maybe even a few of each. Who knows?
Completely related chaos: To enter this fantastical, magical, Blogiversary-Blogirthday Celebration Giveaway, please do one, two, a few, or all of the following:
- Write a comment wish my blog a very happy celebration (or just write anything you’d like, I’m not picky)
- Add me to your blogroll (the more links, the merrier here people)
- Subscribe via email to my posts! (you’ll get up to the minute emails of what I write, when I write!)
- Include this giveaway (and a link) in one of your blog posts this week
- Comment with what you would like to win in this giveaway- be specific- we’ll see if it happens! Creativity counts… for something…
- Comment with your alliteration of the day- have fun with this one!
Entry rules: You may do as many of these as you would like, repeatedly, but you must post a new comment for each item you perform. This way you get more entries. The contest giveaway will start today, Tuesday, June 22nd and end on my Blog’s Birthday, Sunday, June 27th at 12:00 pm (noon) PST. Get going and enter!!!