The Odd Dish Award
Can’t say this dish is normal. It’s actually anything but. Regardless, I thought it was delicious.
This was also suppose to be Spicy Banana Balls, but I didn’t want to use any gluteny products (panko or white flour) and didn’t really want to fry them. Even through all my substitutions, they came out great! And really, they deserves the Odd Dish Award*.
SPICY BANANA ZUCCHINI BREAD (adapted from this recipe)
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbs honey (or slightly less if you don’t want your bread too sweet)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp crushed chili pepper
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup chickpea flour (or more if required, or a flour of choice)
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- Splash of extra virgin olive oil (for moistness)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes or so to thicken. Pour all ingredients into a greased oven-safe pan and cook for 20 minutes or until done in the middle.
Now, I loved the curry and chili peppers in this dish. I loved how it was sweet and savory at the same time. And I really loved how it looked nothing like (and probably didn’t really taste close) to the original- which looked super crunch and delicious, but I guess most things do when fried.
And I really loved the salad I made with this dish. It honestly, was the best dressing I have made in a while (being that I was in a dressing rut). Simple, yet delicious.
CREAMY YOGURT DRESSING
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (or much more if you’re like me)
- 3-5 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- Lots of butter lettuce (or your favorite)
- Optional: Chopped fresh herb mixture chives, basil, oregano, etc.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, adding any and all vegetable that you wish.
*Odd Dish Award does not really exist, but if it did, what one of your recipes would win it???? (I knooooooow you have one!) And who knows, if I think your dish is the weirdest, you just may win a real award…