Daily Baking: Cookies, Brownies, and Banumpkin Bread
It rained this weekend. I was [forced] indoors this weekend. I baked this weekend. I baked a lot.
Let the baking games begin…!
First up is (a few) recipe(s) from a pretty awesome blog I’ve been stalking, (never home)maker. This blog is great with tons of unique recipes for you to drool over.
Pumpkin Sunflower Butter Cookies adapted from (never home)maker’s Sunflower Butter Cookies recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a cookie sheet by covering it with a sheet of parchment paper (for easy cleanup).
- Cream together the sunflower butter, Earth Balance, and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Stir in the applesauce and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Add this dry mixture to the wet with a spatula and mix until combined (but do not over mix).
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Plop heaping tablespoons of dough onto your cookie sheet — spacing them about two inches apart. Then press the dough down with the back of a fork.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes — until golden brown.
These cookies were great. Soft, moist, full of flavor, and semi-healthy.
Next up was another recipe from (never home)maker:
(never home)maker’s Banumpkin Bread
I’m not one for following recipes but this one I actually did. Well, minus the fact that I used gluten free flour mix…
Moving on… to chocolate!
Mint Pesto Laced Chocolate Brownies
It starts with the Sweet Mint Dessert Pesto, though. And for that… you’ll have to check out Alisa’s blog, Go Dairy Free, tomorrow for my guest post. (But I’ll be posting it tomorrow on What Runs Lori, as well. 😉 )
For the Chocolate Brownies adapted from Maple N Cornbread
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup Sugar in the Raw
- 1 dropper full of Vanilla Creme Liquid Stevia
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mint pesto
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an small glass Pyrex pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of he dry ingredients. Mix the applesauce and egg whites and gently fold into the dry mixture. Stir only until moistened.
- Prepare Mint Pesto*
- Pour into prepared pan. Drop, or swirl in, mint pesto with a knife. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until desired texture is reached. Less time will result in a more dense, gooey brownie and longer time will produce a cake like brownie.
*Prepare Mint Pesto: Recipe coming tomorrow and also featured on Go Dairy Free tomorrow (Tuesday).
Full fat, full sugar, totally gluten laden, Betty Crocker’s Chocolate Cinkles made with Sugar in the Raw and without powdered sugar because, well, I didn’t have any.
That is literally all the sugar I can handle for one post. Tomorrow you get a Sweet Mint Dessert Pesto recipe, more sweetness with no-bake fudge, real fudgey Crinkle cookies, and maybe another cookie recipe. Woooh *wipes brow* I’m tired from all that time spent in the kitchen this weekend. And if you haven’t gained 5 pounds just reading this post, check back tomorrow! 😉
16 People reacted on this
[…] And go eat some cookies. […]
Wow, fascinating recipes! Those sunbutter cookies look delish!
.-= Meagan´s last blog ..Orange Vegetable Soup with Chicken =-.
[…] Pumpkin Sunflower Butter Cookies […]
oh – WOW. everything looks amazing, i don’t know what i’d be all over first!
i’m not much of a baker except for muffins. cereal muffins with chocolate chips i can not live without.
.-= Angela (the diet book junkie)´s last blog ..food gender and social pressure- why real men don’t order salad =-.
ummm i think its pretty obvious where i need to be right this second- YOUR KITCHEN!! <3
You weren’t joking when you said there was more to the post!!
You have been busy! Isn’t never a homemaker a great site? So much inspiration on there. I have to try using pumpkin puree instead of earth balance..great idea!!
As for the dessert pesto…Mmmmm
.-= melissa´s last blog ..Walnut-hazelnut picking! =-.
holy crap! my head is swimming with possibilities now. they all look super yummy and unique. i love it!!!!! wouldn’t you just love to stay home and bake all day?!?!
.-= kate´s last blog ..Pumpkin Surprise Muffins =-.
[…] Skip to content HomeRx FOR (SKIN) CHANGEWhat I DoSHOPABOUTRECIPESSWEAT‘The Half’ Training TimeRunning a MarathonLOVEREAD ← Daily Baking: Cookies, Brownies, and Banumpkin Bread […]
banumpkin? Too funny – maybe not totally felicitous…
Sunflower seeds: they’re great, but they are _so_ high in omega 6… Whenever I use them, I always make sure to add some flax meal or chia, just to redress the balance a bit.
So that’s a .02 from me about those recipes.. But I love how you manage to sound exuberant and fun in such a spare and short post. Inspiring.
.-= Ela´s last blog ..Back Home – To Winter! TSA Pet Peeve- And Finding My Voice on Blog World Controversies =-.
Those cookies made my mouth water! Chocolate chips are fuckin stellar. 😀
.-= Christine´s last blog ..Squat Like A Lady! =-.
I’m intrigued by that sweet pesto!…
.-= Amber Shea @Almost Vegan´s last blog ..Sweet balsamic cashews date syrup winners =-.
Oh. My. God.
I have to say, I initially thought that the brownies were meatloaf. 🙂 Mint Dessert Pesto??!?! Is it tomorrow yet?
.-= Katie´s last blog ..Cookie surprise =-.
oh darn…you just had to bake, haha
Love it all! We love (never home)maker blog! The pesto brownies, now that is awesome!!
I love to bake cookies!! And lately our obsession has been baked donuts! YUM!
Holy baking! Love it! As we speak I have some pumpkin bars in the oven…makeshift pumpkin bars I should say….all of yours look delish!
.-= Ally @ Sweet & Savory´s last blog ..Trio Enchiladas =-.
Sitting at home on a rainy weekend with a full bag of flour tempting me really does me in as well. But it looks like you got to baking some fabulous creations! I love (never) homemaker as well. They have such great ideas!
.-= Joanne´s last blog ..Symons Crab Tater Tots on a Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette =-.
Have fun in the kitchie…everything sounds super yummy:)
.-= melissa´s last blog ..Giveaway – 35 CSN Stores Gift Certificate =-.
Comments are closed.