Nori-Wrapped Miso-Glazed Salmon
November 4 Gratitude Nugget: I am grateful for a steady job and comment love. 🙂
This is a great dish. Found, and altered, from Delicious Living Mag, Whole Food’s free magazine. You could serve this with quinoa or brown rice for a truly nourishing and complete mean, but it’s amazing on it’s own. With the sweet and tangy flavors from the miso and honey, brain food has never tasted so good. (p.s. I don’t have the World’s best camera so the pictures are just so-so, but I promise you, the flavor speaks loud and clear: fantastic.)
Nori-Wrapped Miso-Glazed Salmon with Steamed Chard
- 3 tbsp miso
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp wasabi powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 lb. Alaskan caught Salmon (cut into four 4 oz pieces- or really any amount of salmon- you can eat this glaze over the finished product- it’s THAT good)
- 2 nori sheets
- 1 head of swiss or rainbow chard, washed and de-stemmed
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Preheat broiler to high. In a small bowl whisk together the miso, honey, and hot water. Whisk in wasabi and garlic.
2. Coat bottom of a glass baking dish with 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Place salmon in pan, skin side down. Spoon enough mixture to cover fillets.
3. Cut each nori sheet in half and then lengthwise. Wrap nori strips around each fillet, tucking ends under fish.
4. Broil on middle rack for 7 minutes, basting twice. Cover loosely with foil, reduce heat to 400 degrees, and cook until flaky, about 8 more minutes.
5. While salmon is baking, heat remaining sesame oil in a large saute pan and add chopped kale leaves. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and saute until just tender, about 4-6 minutes.
6. Place all on plates and EAT.
So, these are the most beautiful pictures but again, the flavor was incredible. Each bite hit each taste bud on the tongue- sweet, salty, savory, bitter, wonderful!
8 People reacted on this
I saw you on Pure2raw’s blog! How fun that you got to have dinner with so many lovely blogger ladies. 😀
.-= Amber Shea @Almost Vegan´s last blog ..105degrees- L1-W2-D5- truffles- cookies- burgers- tarts =-.
I’m grateful for this recipe!! I’ll look forward to when we get back home to AK – will have to fix this for my husband with some of the salmon in the freezer.
I’m grateful that my husband is being so patient and tolerant with my dad ranting on nonstop… And having a good time seeing my folks.
.-= Ela´s last blog ..Postcard from the Road-Airport Scary Halloween Picture =-.
I will be in SF on Saturday and Sunday!
And that nori salmon looks fantastic. Nicee combo!
.-= Lauren @ WWoB´s last blog ..Happy Halloween! =-.
that looks sooooo awesome! i wish i was in san fran so i could come meet you! 🙂
.-= christina´s last blog ..Grammys Here for Dinner and Banana Cake! =-.
For the love of salmon. Geez, that looks soooo good. I wish my husband liked salmon. We may have to start doing separate meals.
Loved your last post – so sweet and thought provoking!
.-= Alisa Cooks´s last blog ..Hot Peanut Butter Chocolate Bliss =-.
Nori Wrapped Miso Salmon!!!????
Who’d a thunk it???
So creative!!! I had salmon last night, but mine was super lame and boring compared to yours, LOL.
I WISH I was in San Fran…we planned to vacay there this year, go see the Phillies play early in their season against the Giants (go figure)…but it wasn’t quite in the budget to travel, boooo. If we wver make it out there I will let you know!!! Wish I was going to Food Buzz, it sounds awesome…you totally should of went!
.-= Laury @thefitnessdish´s last blog ..Thirsty Thursday Carrot Juice =-.
GAH!!! Why do I not live by you so you can cook me awesome dinners like this, and we can gorge ourselves on cookies?!?!
Wish I were going to FB. I’ll be doing some digging and planting instead. Fun times ahead, kids. Watch out!
.-= Katie´s last blog ..Politics- schmolitics =-.
Looks devine! What a chef you are. Taking all the time to wrap your salmon like that 😉 Love it!!
Sorry I can not be there to meet you at Foodbuzz, but have fun with the twin sis!! Will be thinking of you all!
.-= Pure2raw twins´s last blog ..Recycled sauce =-.
Comments are closed.