Fat Tuesday’s Skinny Wednesday: Slim Down Your Day
After all the partying I did not do yesterday for Fat Tuesday, Skinny Wednesday is still needed. Just not in the normal “skinny” way you’re probably thinking.
Let’s review what sometimes runs Lori.
- I tend to be overly sensitive to a lot of things
- I take (most) things to heart
- I’m a perfectionist (and get super frustrated when I can’t get things perfect)
- I’m my own worse critic
- I take on the world… daily
- I try so hard and want give up when it doesn’t go as planned
- I doubt myself
- I judge myself
- I pile my plate so high, it’s hard to start on any one thing
Anyone feel the same about themselves? Ug. Sometimes it’s just exhausting being inside my head.. And I don’t even have tiger’s blood. That is why today is dubbed, Skinny Wednesday. It’s time to unload those plates, decompress that brain, and take the weight of the world off from your shoulders. Today is about allowing life to flow. To just happen.
Here is what I vow to do for myself today (besides eat yummy food)… or at least think about following:
- Whatever happens, happens
- Finish unfinished projects- either throw them away, delete them from your inbox, or decide on the undecided- NOW
- Read the amazingly uplifting comment you leave
- Sit. Alone.
- Read, bathe, exercise, allow
- Accept imperfection
- Accept yourself
Now, some of you may be reading this without any clue at all why or what I’m writing about, since you are effortlessly confident in your skin. I would say I’m jealous of that, since I am, but instead, I’m offering you a voice to comment with your thoughts on this, especially if you don’t “suffer” from the fighting negative thoughts daily.
Do you need to slim down your thoughts? …Or do you flow friendly with your day?
With my blog, the last thing I ever want to be is a downer. This is my positive sanctuary to eat and laugh and play as I wish. But, it is also a place to sift through my thoughts, getting the rough parts out. And right now, these are them, those clumps of negativity that is just there sometimes. Just writing this post helps. Like a deep sighing breath. 😉 (you know what I’m talking about)
Since I’m skinnying my Wednesday, slimming down my day, and breading positivity, I’m also going to share a recipe to brighten up the mid-week blues.
No better positive thought than eating on the sunny side of life… with eggs.
Now, this isn’t the most magical recipe but it’s good. It’s filling. It’s easy. And it’s sure to end any doubt you have about staying a vegan. (Ooops, did I just say that?!)
Baked Egg-Scrambled Wrap
[the other sunny side. serves two]
- 4 whole eggs (healthy fats, keep ’em coming)
- kale leaves, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into strips
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thinly
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 egg roll wrappers (used for making those yummy savory cupcakes!)
- 2 tbsp goat cheese, spread or crumble -style
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and love, all sprinkled to taste
In a large, heated pan, sautee kale, peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms with a dash of olive oil, until just starts to become tender. Add in eggs and scramble to hearts content, seasoning with salt, pepper, love and the like.
Once the eggs are fully cooked, about 3-5 minutes, set aside and prep your egg wrappers. On each egg wrapper, spread one tbsp of tomato paste and goat cheese along one side. Spoon equal amounts of egg scramble onto the wrapper and fold, pressing the sides down to seal.
With oven set to a low broil, bake the filled egg wraps for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown on the outsides. Serve any extra egg scramble on the side.
Eat and savor the happiness. 🙂
How can you slim down or Skinny Wednesday? Tips?!