Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Balsamic Cucumber Salad
Fresh and fantastic, this recipe hosts tons of flavor with numerous nutrients. The chicken wrap itself is optional. The Balsamic Cucumber Salad, however, is not.
Being that this dish is gluten free, dairy free, Paleo approved, and low, low, low in fat, there’s no reason not to make this and enjoy as much as you’d like. I did… of course…
Balsamic Cucumber Salad
- 1 large English cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro, roughly chopped (I used cilantro from my garden and what a difference it makes!)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (I used cilantro and garlic infused… which was incredible, but flavored is optional)
- 2 tbsp white or red onion, thinly diced
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice, or more lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked pepper
Slice, dice, and prepare all ingredients. Mix all in a bowl, tasting and adjusting ingredients, as needed. Let sit while you prepare the wraps. The longer this sits and melds together, the more flavorful it becomes.
Any and all condiments are welcomed…
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Shredded chicken (baked chicken at 375 degrees, wrapped in tin foil, for 45 minutes)
- Large leaves for wrapping, kale, butter lettuce, romaine, or cabbage leaves, or tortillas
- Tomatoes, diced
- Taco sauce (homemade recipe coming soon!)
- Pickled veggies (jalapenos and okra!)
- Balsamic Cucumber Salad (recipe above)
Spread chicken across your wrap. Layer with tomatoes, taco sauce, pickled veggies, and lots of Balsamic Cucumber Salad.
No matter what you layer on top of the wrap, make sure the Balsamic Cucumber Salad is among the players. You definitely won’t be sorry.
Happy Tuesday my fellow What Runs Lori followers. I appreciate you stopping by and enjoying food and fitness with me! Just know you continue to make my day each and every day… and with each and every comment. 🙂
What is going to be (or has been) the highlight of your day?
“Where I put my attention creates my experiences.” Where do you choose to place your focus? Today, Tuesday, I choose to focus on love- being loving, acting love, and providing love. Who knows what tomorrow brings…