13 Reasons To Love California
1. The sun shines all year long. Even in December, during a long walk in Santa Cruz.
2. California has all four seasons. Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter are present in almost every city in the state, right along with snow, rain showers, red and orange colored leaves, sun-filled and 100+ degree days.
3. Wine produced in California out-ranks all other wine-making places. Rich and full-bodied, light and fruity, deep red to crystal white, the wines here are incredible. And I’m no stranger to wine tasting…
4. Our cities have more diversity than a box of crayons. San Diego reaches college students, Los Angeles is home of the Stars and Outrageous, Santa Cruz relies on the hippies, Sacramento is the governing state capitol, and way up north is Chico where the vibe has reached Playboy’s Top 3 Party Schools. San Francisco… well, that’s a whole other state in itself. But each place has a different feel and atmosphere, unique in its own beautiful way.
5. Microbreweries are abundant, producing some of the world’s tastiest beer. Sierra Nevada, Eel River, Bison Brewing, Pyramid Alehouse, Anderson Valley Brewing, Gordon Biersch Brewing, and SO many more… although these might just be indigenous to California. So sorry, if you’re missing out. 😉
6. Farms, farms everywhere, and all of it to eat! I grew up in a tiny agricultural town where orchards were everyone’s front yard, backyard, or neighboring field. Each summer was filled with the sweet smell of peaches ripening in the hot sunset. Up and down California you’ll find fields, orchards, and farms covering miles and miles of land.
7. The vast richness of California, with so many towns growing fresh fruits and vegetables, makes this one awesome state.
9. Disneyland. Need I say more?
10. CrossFit started in Santa Cruz, California. Lucky me, I’m 20 minutes from there. 😉
11. Everything is SO close! One day you could go to the snow. The next day, the beach. The day after that, the desert. Depending on your mood, you could have any setting imaginable.
12. I grew up in California. Maybe I’m just bias, but there is a reason that it is so
goddamn expensive to live here. California kisses the ocean with varying temperatures (some places SUPER cold water, other places bathwater warm) and hugs sand dunes. As you can see, it’s a very loving state, with all those hugs and kisses.
13. December 2nd, 2011 marks another sunny day in paradise.
What state do you live in and why do you love it?