Just in case you never got enough pumpkin during the week leading up to Thanksgiving, here’s your chance to bite into another recipe. This one is absolutely delicious, made several times for work and family functions and hits the spot for a decadent dessert craving. Total must-make recipe boasting pumpkiny spices.
Top with a little So Delicious Coconut Whipped topping and you’ve got yourself a mighty fine tasty treat!
Spiced Paleo Pumpkin Pie Bars
Adapted from recipe for Paleo Cupboard’s Pumpkin Bars
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (or arrowroot flour)
- 3 tbsp raw honey, slightly melted if solid
- 2 tbsp ghee (or slightly melted coconut oil)
- pinch of salt and cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 3/4 cup raw honey, slightly melted
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, slightly melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp spiced rum (optional but fun!)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (or arrowroot flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
Prepare the crust:
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a medium bowl, combine the salt, almond flour, tapioca flour, raw honey and ghee together, mixing well.
Press crust mixture into the bottom of an 8×8 glass baking pan with your fingers. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown, then remove from the oven and set aside.
Prepare the pumpkin bar filling:
In another medium bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, raw honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract until well combined.
In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, sea salt and baking powder and mix until well combined. Slowly add the pumpkin mixture to the almond flour mixture, using a wooden spoon until well combined.
Pour the mixture into the baking pan over the pre-baked crust, and set in the preheated oven on the center rack.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center it just set. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
What are your favorite pumpkin recipes?