Well, the banana bread is gone (Mmmmmm!), holiday travel has begun and routine, yep you guessed it, has disappeared. But(!) all is still OK with the world and experiences and adventures are plentiful.
Although my routine of waking up,
sipping downing coffee, enjoying my favorite hard boiled egg breakfast, then hitting the gym has been put on hold, there are new routines to embrace. Waking up, finding coffee, and taking pleasure in being lazy, all while surrounded by happy and loving people.
I’m at peace for now but you can rest assure knowing that the second I get back home, I’m whipping out my trusty friend, BlendTec, and making myself a comforting, nutrition-loaded, fresh and wintery, green smoothie.
Winter Spiced Persimmon Green Smoothie
- 1 ripe persimmon, quartered
- 1/2 cup strawberries, frozen or fresh, or 1/2 fruit of choice (raspberries, bananas, mangoes, etc.)
- 1-2 cups greens, I used half spinach, half kale
- 1 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk or Almond Milk (or milk alternative of choice)
- 1 scoop Vega Sport Protein Powder, vanilla (or vanilla protein powder of choice)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, or more to your liking
- 1 cup ice
Place all ingredients in a blender, except ice. Blend until smooth. Add in ice, as much or as little as you’d like for consistency (I add a lot for a thicker texture) and blend again until ice is broken down and your smoothie matches your favorite consistency.
Pour into a glass and top with coconut flakes. 🙂