Being home all day, every day, and having the time and space to cook a meal, for every meal, is great! All these complicated, hour (or two) prep time meals, things I just didn’t have time to make before.
It’s totally great… for the first six months of sheltering in place with COVID-19.
Great until being home all day, every day, and having the time to cook for every single meal ever starts to become a chore.
Don’t get me wrong, obviously I love to cook and create in the kitchen. I enjoy it immensely. But having to doing it all the time… sometimes I just need a break.
A simpler meal.
This one is SUPER easy (because easy is wonderful). This recipe is also customizable with whatever you may have at home right now. Take out anything you don’t have or don’t like, add in what you do. It’s also packed with protein, fat and nutrition. Plus… and most importantly… POWER! This bowl will give you wings! Or ab muscles… Or at the very least, cannot hurt!
Let’s do this…
Paleo Sesame Chicken Power Bowl
- 2 lbs chicken breast cubed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee or any oil of choice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 large sweet white onion roughly chopped
- 1 crown broccoli chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¼ " piece of ginger peeled and minced
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 large zucchini sliced into half rounds or "ribbon" by using a veggie peeler
- ½ bunch Swiss chard leaves or any other veggies!
- 2 tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 4 scallions (green onions) chopped
- few dashes hot sauce of choice for topping
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add coconut oil and allow to heat for 1-2 minutes until hot. Add in the cubed chicken breast and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cook, tossing occasionally until chicken is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Transfer chicken and any juices released from cooking to a large bowl and set aside.
- In the same large skillet over medium-high heat, add the remaining coconut oil and sesame oil.
- Once hot, add onion and broccoli and heat for about 5 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add in garlic, ginger, white pepper, salt and cayenne pepper, tossing to combine.
- Sauté for another 5 minutes then add the zucchini ribbons, Swiss chard, Tamari and vinegar, tossing to incorporate.
- Allow to heat and soften veggies for 8-10 minutes then return cooked chicken to the pan until heated through.
- Serve in a large bowl with cilantro and scallions. Drizzle with hot sauce and enjoy!