The Best Ever Granola
Hands down (or up!) the best granola ever. It's oh-so-easy to make, totally customizable, incredibly delicious, low in sugar, high in flavor, and covers all the Fall basics. It also makes your kitchen smell like Fall heaven so that's a win-win for everyone.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (use certified gluten-free oats for gluten-free granola)
- 1-2 cups raw nuts and/or seeds I have loved using pumpkin seeds (peptias), sunflower seeds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, pecans
- 1-2 tbsp flax seeds optional
- 1 tbsp chia seeds optional
- 1 tsp fine-grains sea salt if using table salt, reduce to ¾ tsp
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted) or olive oil or a mixture of the two
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar optional but adds a nice sugar crunch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- *Optional additions: coconut flakes, dried fruit, chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a slip pat.
In a large bowl add oats, nuts, seeds, salt, and cinnamon, stirring to combine.
Add in oil, maple syrup, and/or honey, and vanilla. Mix well until oats, nuts/seeds are coated.
Pour granola onto your prepared baking sheet, spreading in an even layer.
Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until lightly golden (the granola will continue to cook slightly and crisp up as it cools).Stir halfway through, patting the mixture down after stirring. *If using coconut flakes, add them at the halfway point
Let granola cool on the baking sheet for 30-45 minutes. Top with dried fruit or chocolate if using, after granola has completely cooled.
Store granola in a sealed mason jar or well-sealed container.
Eat and enjoy with everything. ;)