Hard-Boiled Eggs & Smoked Salmon Breakfast
Some people love breakfast. Waking up, digging through the fridge, finding those eggs, bacon, and [Paleo] pancake ingredients to make a delicious, maple-drizzled stack of a fasting-breaking meal.
Some people hate breakfast. Waking up, too busy to find nourishment, rushing out the door, and not concerned with the same old meal for breakfast.
I’m somewhere in between. Sometimes I love breakfast! Brunch out with friends, a lazy morning activity of making a delicious meal, yummy warm eggs mixed with meat and veggies.
And sometimes I hate breakfast… typically there isn’t usually a vast variety in breakfast items. At least not in the traditional sense. Egg. Bacon. Pancakes. Coffee? (Always coffee.)
This meal was one of those “I love breakfast!” meals.
Simple, quick, pretty, delicious, and loaded with muscle-building protein.
Eggs. Smoked Salmon. Greens. A little garnish. And COFFEE. One of my favorite coffees (and mugs) from Scout Coffee in San Luis Obispo, California.
Smoked Salmon & Eggs Breakfast
- 4 eggs
- smoked salmon as much as you'd like
- 2 tbsp red onion diced into small cubes
- ¼ cucumber diced into small cubes
- mixed greens as much as you'd like
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place eggs into a medium pot and fill with cold water so eggs are just covered. Cover with lid, bring to a boil, and turn off heat.
- Let eggs sit for 2 minutes then carefully remove from the pot and run under cold water. Set eggs aside.
- Plate two plates with mixed greens and smoked salmon.
- Carefully crack and peel eggs, rinsing with cold water. Slice in half and place onto greens.
- Sprinkle with red onions and cucumbers, salt, and crack black pepper on top.
Why make things complicated when they can just be easy? 🙂