5 Reasons to be addicted to Pumpkin Gingerbread Paleo Muffins
That’s what I am with these muffins.
Boyfriend devoured one… or two… or four.
Co-workers raved about them then demanded the recipe.
Pumpkin enthusiasts everywhere bowed down to these mighty spiced muffins.
These are definitely a crowed-pleaser and you need to make them now.
‘Tis the season to eat pumpkin [EVERYTHING].
Five reasons to be addicted to Pumpkin Muffins. In particular, Pumpkin Gingerbread Paleo Muffins.
- Pumpkin means Fall in blog terms.
- Since pumpkin is a vegetable, any muffin containing pumpkin is packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals, and is one bite closer to fulfilling your daily veggie needs.
- Based on the above, 1 Pumpkin Muffin = 1+ serving of vegetables (hooray!).
- [Pumpkin] Muffins are hand-held, wonderful on-the-go snacks (or breakfast or dessert). Bake, pack, and go!
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Paleo Muffins are healthy. Because I said so. Go forth and bake!
Pumpkin Gingerbread Paleo Muffins
Makes about 8 grain, gluten, and dairy-free muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup canned pureed pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Lightly oil a muffin pan and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, spices, baking soda/powder and salt.
In another bowl, place the pumpkin puree then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add maple syrup, coconut sugar, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract, mixing quickly until well combined.
Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, blend with a whisk until most lumps have disappeared. Spoon into prepared muffin pan, filling each muffin 2/3 full. Top each muffin with a few pumpkin seeds and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden.
Place on wire rack to cool.
2 People reacted on this
I don’t need any reasons – these look and sound AMAZING!
Thank you, my dear!
Comments are closed.