The Must-Make, Best-Ever Granola
This is the must-make, best-ever granola that you’ll ever have. It’s delicious, it’s healthy, and it’s kinda fun to make…
I love the simplicity of this recipe and the vast variety that you can add in or out to totally customize this into the granola of your dreams. It’s cheaper than store-bought, packaged granola and likely much lower in sugar.
With all the smoothies I’ve been making, since I’m at home all the time, I’ve been loving making my own granola for a crunchy topping. Or a night-time snack with a touch of oat milk in a bowl. Mmmm satisfying!
Homemade granola also makes fun gifts for the neighbors you’re quarantining with. Whether or not they want yet another homemade item from you is another story. 😉 (So far my neighbors have received probably too much homemade: bread, sourdough discard [insert fruit or veggie here] muffins, hot sauce, kimchi, sauerkraut, cookies, aaaaand granola.
One bowl, one baking sheet, a spoon or your hands, and you’ve got all the equipment needed to make your house smell absolutely heavenly.
But first! Some of the best things to use for making this granola and my favorite items (that I use almost daily and I seriously love them!)… and would make your baking life a lot easier. Just saying. 😉
And these are also affiliate links so I get a tiny commission if you purchase from my links. 🙂
The Best Ever Granola
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (use certified gluten-free oats for gluten-free granola)
- 1-2 cups raw nuts and/or seeds I have loved using pumpkin seeds (peptias), sunflower seeds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, pecans
- 1-2 tbsp flax seeds optional
- 1 tbsp chia seeds optional
- 1 tsp fine-grains sea salt if using table salt, reduce to ¾ tsp
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted) or olive oil or a mixture of the two
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar optional but adds a nice sugar crunch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- *Optional additions: coconut flakes, dried fruit, chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a slip pat.
- In a large bowl add oats, nuts, seeds, salt, and cinnamon, stirring to combine.
- Add in oil, maple syrup, and/or honey, and vanilla. Mix well until oats, nuts/seeds are coated.
- Pour granola onto your prepared baking sheet, spreading in an even layer.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until lightly golden (the granola will continue to cook slightly and crisp up as it cools).Stir halfway through, patting the mixture down after stirring. *If using coconut flakes, add them at the halfway point
- Let granola cool on the baking sheet for 30-45 minutes. Top with dried fruit or chocolate if using, after granola has completely cooled.
- Store granola in a sealed mason jar or well-sealed container.
- Eat and enjoy with everything. 😉
If you need more granola delivery ideas, try out these smoothie!
Cold Brew Double Chocolate Smoothie
Coconut Matcha Green Tea Smoothie
Double Chocolate Cashew Cream Cayenne-Cinnamon Smoothie
Winter Spiced Persimmon Green Smoothie
Raspberry Coconut Green Smoothie
Green Cacao Chocolate Smoothie (house favorite!)
Vega Protein Cookies ‘N Cream Green Smoothie
Cinnamony Blueberry Gingerbread Smoothie