Easy Paleo Green Egg Cups
Green eggs and ham have nothing on this one.
Although, this is green eggs and you could certainly add ham…
But if nothing else, these are absolutely delicious and even more absolutely cute.
Plus, when you’re baking these little egg cups, they puff up like crazy, overflowing in their muffin tin and once you take them out of the oven, they deflate some (see above photo!)… making these awesome to watch (bake) and a science experiment gone really right.
Did I mention these are high protein, moderate fat (we love fat! FAT loss loves fat!), low carb and totally on the bikini competition diet regimen.
Some of the best and easiest things for on the go, slimming down, portion control, and a cute meal!
I’m in love…
Paleo Green Egg Cups
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups greens kale, spinach, chard, or other
- 2 sausage links, bacon, or meat add-in of choice pre-cooked and cooled
- 2 tbsp goat cheese, feta, shredded cheddar, dairy free cheese or similar crumbly cheese
- 1 cup veggies such as mushrooms, zucchini, shredded carrots diced
- 2 tbsp red onion or green onion diced
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs such as parsley, cilantro, basil, sage optional
- ½ tsp each red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast optional, and get creative!
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease a muffin tin or prep your favorite silicon baking cups.
- Cook sausage and/or bacon (if needed) and cut into small, bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a blender, add eggs and greens and blend for 30 seconds on high until frothy and smooth. Pour egg mixture into a medium bowl.
- To the eggs, add sausage/bacon, crumbled cheese, diced veggies, herbs, pepper flakes, salt, pepper, seasoning, if using (add all remaining ingredients). Mix to cover and combine all.
- Time to fill your cup! Fill each muffin tin to the top with the egg, meat, cheese mixture. Allow to settle slightly and top off cups with any remaining egg mix.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm in the middle.
- Remove from oven and enjoy! Allow any remaining egg cups to cool out of the muffin tin and store in a covered container in the fridge or freezer. When ready to eat, pop your frozen egg cup in the microwave for 45-60 seconds (or until hot).
I tend to triple this recipe and will store extras for great grab and go!